Followers

10/16/2012

Fall

Good morning and so happy to have you visit here. This is probably the fastest card I've made to date (and I had already colored the image some time ago or it would not have been fast!). I had posted another card with this image, but couldn't locate the stamp to give the maker...found it while rummaging for another stamp, and this one is a Lockhart stamp that I've had for a while. The image was colored with copics, using Copic Xpress paper, diecut with S/B oval, embossed & sponged while still in the die. Think I used DI Scattered Straw or Antique Linen for the sponging. When I mat images, many times I remove the center part which is hidden, using a S/B die that fits as I need it. This is a tip I learned at Candee's (http://cardcornerbycandee.blogspot.com/) and it saves weight on postage. Additionally, you have a snippet for later use. Worked great here with the green piece of paper, and I used a Cuttlebug dots folder, rounded the 2 bottom edges with a Fiskars Corner punch.  The red paper at the top is also a snippet, as is the bottom paper, which was from a 6x6 BoBunny pack. All I did was cut these 2 papers to size, adhere to the white cardbase. (The blue that you see was a paper I laid under the card to make it photograph a bit better). I would go over to the Playground since I've used so many snippets, but I'm scheduling this one to post, and not sure how that would work! So ya'll have a lovely day. Once again, thanks for coming.
Edit: This posted as scheduled this morning, so I'll nip over to Pixie's real fast and see what those playground ladies are up to. This is a really fun & friendly place to visit and I guarantee they will make all you snippet users (and you KNOW WHO YOU ARE!) welcome. Always something interesting going on in the new playhouse! See you there, maybe! Hugs & Blessings for today.



5 comments:

  1. Your colouring is really good. I like the colours on this card. Very autumn/fall colours. Warm and cosy which means Christmas is ok it's way oh dear lol. Have a lovely day Hun. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colouring is A1 as per usual Mary. That nifty idea is A1+. Double usage. I like it. Busy day tomorrow (won't get a chance to play) so trying to catch up on comments now. Hugs .Speaky soon. Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous "fall" card and top tip . . .except I can't be bothered to cut out the centres! Too darn lazy !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful colouring and such a super result. Love the nifty trick too :) Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete